We were so lucky to go to New Orleans to see the Utes play in the Sugar Bowl. It was a long journey...driving to Las Vegas on New Years Eve and then flying to Houston and then New Orleans on New Years Day. Here's a few of the things we experienced while we were there.
- Saw the mighty Mississippi & got our shoes shinned by a guy named Dan the Shoe Shine Man.
- Ate really good oysters on the half shell.
- Got ID'd at Harrah's Casino. They didn't believe I was 29 and Jeremy is 31.
- Saw TONS of Alabama fans. They had lots to say before the game and not very much after.
- Visited a planation and as luck would have it it was POURING rain so we bought some ponchos and it promptly stopped raining.
- Visited the French Quarter and ate beignets (french doughnuts).
- Made a one time drive down Bourbon Street...no wonder New Orleans flooded!
- Listened to Jazz.
- Visited a cemetery where all the plots/tombs are above ground because of the water table...weird!
- WATCHED THE UTES DOMINATE ALABAMA IN THE SUGAR BOWL AT THE SUPER DOME!!!!
The energy at the game was amazing and it was awesome seeing the 71,000 Alabama fans just sit there while the 14,000 Utah fans yelled and cheered! What a way to end the season! Go UTES!